Artmania 2011 took place as always in Sibiu - Romania, in the following locations:
Piata Mare (old center of Sibiu),
Piata Mica (near Piata Mare) and
Sibiu Arena - Dumbrava (7km of Sibiu, in a forest called Dumbrava, on the road DN 106A at about 3 km of Rasinari village).
12.08, Piata Mare:
Tarja Turunen (ex Nightwish)
12.08, Sibiu Arena - Dumbrava:
13.08, Piata Mare:
13.08, Sibiu Arena - Dumbrava:
Other bands were present, but, unfortunately I missedém: Lacrimas Profundere (12.08, Piata Mare), Interitus Dei (13.08, Sibiu Arena - Dumbrava), Byron (14.08, Sibiu Arena - Dumbrava), so the program above refers only to the bands I listened.
Here is a self made top of how the bands presented at Sibiu:
1. Helloween - even if I am not a fan of the genre, I consider Helloween the best band at Artmania 2011 - the germans really know how to make a concert; it was probably the best presentation in Romania, 2011.
2. Lacuna Coil - being at their first apparition in Romania, the italians performed all the well known songs, as: Our Truth, Enjoy the Silence, Closer, Heaven's a Lie, Swamped, To Live Is to Hide, Cold Heritage, The Secret, aso. Cristina Scabbia was at its best; personally, I had a feeling that the sound had technical problems, I think it wasn't so well synchronized as it was at Helloween, Tarja or Arctica Sonata;
3. Tarja Turunen - the apparition was expected by the large public and that's because Nightwish was at Artmania in the past years; Tarja comported well; however, my personal opinion is that it was a commercial presentation - the rest of the band existed just for the decor, perhaps chosen by Tarja so that she may be considered an "one man army"; also, the setlist contained some old Nightwish releases and some remakes upon Bonnie Tyler and Bon Jovi;
4. Sonata Arctica - I am sure not a fan of the genre, but I liked some songs as Replica, Fullmoon and Don't Say a Word; with a clear sound and a good vocal, Sonata Arctica was well received by the public;
5. Truda - very good scene hardcore, you are lucky that you don't understand the chords (romanian language) - just joking, they have very good chords;
6. Guerillas - NU metal at its max, probably the best romanian NU metal band;
7. Republica - I was there just to hear Ready to Go, which was very well interpreted;
8. Ethernus - it was OK, the guys have some to say, but there is also some work to do;
9. Recknoning - the guys will soon present their first album.